Tuesday 3 April 2012

TheBalm Bargains: Oh So Pretty


I've been interested in this brand for a while and have posted about it a few times already but hadn't managed to try any of their makeup yet. Whilst browsing in Marshall's and T J Maxx I managed to find some of their gift sets. I found the Oh So Pretty gift set at Marshall's for $9.99, the RRP was $59.


In this gift set you get the Hot Ticket Nail Polish in "petunia", the Plump Your Pucker lip gloss in "passion my fruit", TheBalm kabuki brush and the Betty-Lou Manizer bronzer which I will do a seperate post on.


The Plump your pucker lip gloss is a plumping lip gloss which I know a lot of people aren't fans of. I've tried others in the past and although I don't really see any real difference I don't mind the tingling feeling that they give. This for me has more of a cooling sensation that a prickly feeling like the sexy motherpucker glosses from Soap and Glory. This product does have a very strong sweet berry smell to it (probably in response to the fruity name) so you may not like that, I personally don't mind it and can smell it less when actually applied to the lips. The smell also resembles the taste, I like lip glosses that don't have much of a taste but this tastes the same way it smells, quite sweet and berry-like. Not something I am a fan of. The colour of this gloss is a berry pink with lots of sparkle, when swatched it resembles the colour in the tube. I applied this over a lip balm to help sheer it out as I found the sparkle to be a little intense for me but overall I loved the colour.

The nail polish which came with it is a luminescent pink/coral colour. Not something I would usually go for but I tried it out anyways. I found this polish to be quite watery in consistency and needed a few coats before it looked anything like the colour in the bottle. From what I've seen TheBalm has a whole range of nail polish colours but these don't look to be available from their official website so I am unsure of where you can buy them.

And lastly the kabuki brush, I actually haven't gotten round to using this yet simply because it feels quite rough on the skin. I like my brushes to feel soft on the skin for when I am applying makeup. Although it isn't the roughest brush out there it's not as soft as I would like. It could end up being the best kabuki brush I've tried, we shall see.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...